All About Mrs. Zimmerman
Hello! My name is Kristie Zimmerman. This will be my 16th year teaching first grade and my 15th year teaching at Locust Grove. I love teaching and being able to see how much the students grow during the year. Here is some information about myself.
I was born and raised in Muddy Creek Forks. I attended Kennard-Dale High School and graduated in the year 2000. After high school, I attended Penn State University and graduated in May of 2004. Once I received a teaching job, I returned to Penn State to receive my master’s degree in Teaching and Curriculum, which I received in the year 2009.
Currently, I reside in Muddy Creek Forks with my husband, Josh, our 8 year old daughter, Kaylee, our soon to be 5 year old daughter, Addison and our soon to be 12 year old chocolate lab, Guinness. I also have an older brother, Dustin, a younger sister, Ashley, and 3 nephews. Dylan is 16 years old, Kolby will be 11 years old in September and Beckham will be 4 in November.
Kaylee loves swimming, playing basketball, softball and soccer, doing gymnastics and Barbies. She will be in third grade this year and she's very excited! Addison enjoys pre-school, doing gymnastics at Shrewsbury Gymnastics, dancing and singing. She also enjoys swinging, riding a bike and reading books. She is very excited to go back to preschool this year with her friends. This summer we spent a lot of time swimming, reading, riding bikes and we went to Raystown Lake for the first time with friends.
Here are a few of my favorite things:
- Favorite Sports Teams: Penn State & Steelers
- Favorite Hobbies: reading books, listening to music, playing board games, spending time with family, & working out
- Favorite Color: blue
- Favorite Food: pasta
- Favorite Candy: Swedish fish, Sour Patch Kids & Tootsie Pops
- Favorite Season: summer
- Favorite Book: Best of Me & Pete the Cat and his Four Groovy Buttons
- Favorite Movie: "The Notebook" and "Beauty & the Beast"
- Favorite Restaurants: Chili’s & Panera Bread
- Favorite Stores: Kohls, Target & Amazon
I am looking forward to this upcoming school year and all the fun, exciting learning that will take place!